LDView interface with LPub3D

RE: interface with LPub3D
(2020-09-07, 18:39)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Unfortunately, the camera placement calculation is fully part of LPub3D. (LDView has camera calculations, but it bases them on what is included in its command line, and that is what is determining how things get drawn.) So I have no idea what is causing the problem.

You might check if changing the DPI setting LPub3D (assuming that's a thing) makes any difference. If so, I would guess that LPub3D's view calculations aren't working properly with LDView and non-default DPI settings.

Its not so much that it doesnt work but that the call for the image size is determined by the page size and dpi setting in LPub3D. 

I was hoping that you may have some insight or even a debug function to see what LPub3D is requesting, compare that to the availble settings in the INI file, and see if we may be able to alter that by pushing additional parameters through the command line. 

In messing with LDview from the command line in the past, I have been able to determine that you can set a very large image size and then it will autocrop it down to the size of the object. 

This is the behavior I was hoping to replicate from LPub3D. 

Everything above here was a total stream of consciousness. 

Upon reading the spec again for the command line it seems that a "SaveHeight" and "SaveWidth" argument added to the INI file but upon trying that, no dice. Those parameters are calculated somewhere because the width of my page is part of the Current Step Image (CSI) file name. I think I will have to dig around some more or find more work around process.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
interface with LPub3D - by Cam's Bricks - 2020-09-07, 7:34
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-09-07, 18:39
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Cam's Bricks - 2020-09-08, 6:19
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-09-08, 20:20
RE: interface with LPub3D - by David Manley - 2020-09-08, 22:53
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Cam's Bricks - 2020-09-09, 0:07
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-09-09, 0:19
RE: interface with LPub3D - by David Manley - 2020-09-13, 2:27
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Cam's Bricks - 2020-09-13, 2:40