Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points

RE: Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points
(2020-07-27, 13:58)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: OK, then let me rephrase that.

The display of a curve is not dependant of the existance of a hi-res primitive.
Where, and when, will LDView "use" the hi-res primitive?

The table on the right show how many segments will be displayed on screen, depending on the level setting and PS on/off.
Why is my table different from the one from Gerald?

I'm trying to understand if/when I am required to upload a corresponding hi-res version of every curved primitive in normal resolution.
Do any other software perform this "primitive substitution".

If you check the box for LDView to use hi-res primitives when available, it should do so when it encounters them and they exist. However, you should definitely not add a high-resolution version of a primitive just for this. The only files in p/48 should be primitives that show up in some part file with a 48 prefix.

I'm not sure where Gerald got the numbers in his table. They aren't right. Your tables match what I expect (which is simply 8 × level when high-resolution primitive substitution isn't enabled).

As I mentioned before, I think the "Use high-resolution primitives when available" setting is not very useful. You should instead adjust the curve quality.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-07-27, 20:44