LDCad LDCad problem with graphics card driver, linux

RE: LDCad problem with graphics card driver, linux
Ok, this is truly strange.

In what may or may not be related to the graphics card driver issue that started this thread (probably not, given that I've rolled back to the old version), I'm getting some really odd behaviour of LDCad, with its dialog boxes (e.g. manual rotation, edit header information, etc).

I can type normal characters into the text boxes just fine, but if I try to type a 'control' character (backspace, del, arrow key, etc. Even enter to close the box), nothing happens. That is, until I give focus to some other application, when they all happen at once.
So I can enter, say, 12.3456, hit backspace twice (still shows 12.3456), use the mouse to place the cursor to the left of the 3, then give some other app focus, at which time the two backspaces happen, and the dialog is left with 13456.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

There isn't anything relevant produced in the LDCad log, and the only thing that is printed to stdout/stderr is:
Code:
(LDCad:<process ID>): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:11:32.331: IA__gtk_window_resize: assertion 'width > 0' failed
This line sometimes appears on opening of some (but not all) dialogs. I think it's not relevant, because it doesn't happen every time, and some of the dialogs for which it does happen don't accept text. Besides, it's not uncommon to see GUI applications, which are normally launched by clicking an icon, spew all manner of this kind of error to the console.

I'm at a complete loss as to what's causing this, though I suspect it's not LDCad's fault, but some glitch in my tk library.

Owen.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad problem with graphics card driver, linux - by Owen Dive - 2020-05-11, 11:27