Solved Possible bug when selecting/rotating?

Possible bug when selecting/rotating?
EDIT: Definitely an issue on my end, and not a bug at all. I don't want to cast any undue criticism on this very fine program!  Wink

I'm having a little trouble with the interface, and I'm guessing it's because I'm running LDCad on MacOS under Wine, but maybe it's a known bug, or perhaps my own error. There are two symptoms that appear to be related:

• Selecting: Normally, [left-]clicking a part will select it, or if it's already selected, will deselect it. Also, if a part is selected, clicking a different part will select that part while deselecting the first part. But quite often, these behaviors will stop working, and the only way I can proceed is to "force" deselect everything by pressing ESC—sometimes more than once, and even if nothing is currently selected. This doesn't happen every time, and seems to occur more often in certain models than in others.
  • Rotating: Normally, dragging the empty part of the edit window will rotate the camera. But again, sometimes this stops working and I have to hit ESC to proceed (when this happens, dragging the edit window will simply scroll/pan the view). Often, it will still be possible to rotate the camera by dragging the edit compass, but other times, neither the compass nor the window works; and again, sometimes it's necessary to hit ESC multiple times.
I'm trying to figure out if there's any predictable cause, but in the meantime, is there a known reason that things might get "stuck", and why releasing them by pressing ESC seems to work? (One thing that might be relevant is that, since I don't have an INSERT key, I've set up my own hotkey for that purpose. I use command+enter, which LDCad calls alt+enter. The problem does seem to occur when I use this hotkey a lot, but that might be a coincidence because any editing session involves a lot of inserting.)

Any ideas? Anyone else have a similar issue?

UPDATE: It happened just now, where one part was stuck selected. Clicking in the edit window didn't do anything, but clicking other parts in the source window had an effect as if I'd shift-clicked (adding the new part and all parts in between to the selection). So it's as if LDCad thinks the shift key is pressed when it isn't (which would also explain the panning instead of rotating).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Possible bug when selecting/rotating? - by N. W. Perry - 2020-03-17, 15:12