Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version

RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
(2020-05-06, 21:31)Roland Melkert Wrote: Sometimes I forget the rules of my own scripting api Smile

getRef does work with groups but it might have a different center, so in the end it shouldn't matter as long the group's center is also on the same x (or whatever plane coordinate) as the other items in the selection.

Otherwise it shouldn't even run the calculation as the first line stops the execution if there are less then 3 items in the selection.  This would be true if one of them were a group while those where excluded.

Well, that's just it—it does seem to do the calculation, if I select only the first helper part, and the group. (The group contains two parts/refs: the hinge top, and the 2x4 plate.) This is when I get the not-quite-correct angle of 48.-something, I assume because it's using the origin of the hinge top as the B point, being the first part in the group. But the group center is set to where the hinge rotates, and it's properly planar and everything.

But when I change the group to a submodel, with the same rotation point set as its origin, everything works properly.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version - by N. W. Perry - 2020-05-07, 2:45