Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version

RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
(2020-04-04, 21:24)Roland Melkert Wrote: Interesting use case, there is no way of doing that at the moment though.

Groups don't have those attributes as you can't really select them, you can only go 'into' them.

the original intent of those numbers and colors was to let people build stuff with a limited inventory, the numbers would then go down when a copy is placed in the model.

But I favored other features instead so it got pushed back again and again.

But even in that setup it would only work on a single group not the whole tree.

I could however introduce a new part bin group kind whom let you display the contents of another one in a different color (for the col16 items in that group).

I'll add it to my 1.7 'maybe' list.

Being able to set the color by inheritance would be really useful! I can see the trouble with quantity, though…that's not as important, really, at least until LDCad makes use of this info.

One workaround is to include the full assembly inside the group, with the correct quantity shown there. (I have to include the assembly in the group anyhow, since I want to use it as the mascot.) Only trouble is this gets me back to making separate groups for each different quantity of the same part, which probably isn't worth it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version - by N. W. Perry - 2020-04-06, 15:57