Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version

RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version
(2020-01-13, 20:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: So I'm thinking to do a 1.7 version instead with a couple of more things I wanted to do in 2.0. But that version is a looooooong way out.
If anyone has some additional ideas this is the time to let me know.
This is great message, Roland, thanks a lot.

The top of my wishlist (filtered for features hopefully doable in 1.7, without full code rewrite in 2.0):

* color bin: textual color search - exactly as it is described in this thread
* color bin: "special color bins" similar to special part bins: colors in current (sub)model, colors in all the mpd of current (sub)model - makes model editing much faster
* performance: maintain the list of "open" snap points (objects) so only those snap points "on the model surface" are counted. Typical example: moving more complex submodel in the main model. This makes my computer completely overloaded today.
* UI: avoid that big jump when moving some submodel or part with hotkeys (in coordinate system) and then trying to fine-tune the place with a mouse. For me, this is the most annoying feature of LDCAD, esp. because I need this workflow when my computer is nearly frozen because of the problem in previous point.
* documentation of scripting language: full documentation of LDCAD API plus some howtos or tutorials. This is missing so much!! It should be probably the point on the top.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about doing a LDCad 1.7 version - by Milan Vančura - 2020-01-22, 12:54