Axle hole primitive on a Bar connection.

Axlehole - investigation and suggestion
Here is an attempt to summarize what I want to do.

The problem is in the 3 primitives axlehole, axlehol4 and axlehol5. The inner corners should be rounded. Not 90 degrees.
But we need to keep the primitives axlehol8 - axleho10 and axleend, since those are used to make various parts with an axle.

I suggest that the 3 problem axle hole primitves are redesigned using the shape present in the axl2 and axl3 families (in a small green ring in the image). I have created a set of primitives called here axl5hol8 - axl5ho10 and axl5end (yellow, in top right corner). When the hole is given a more correct shape I need the suggested new primitives to close the affected parts.

I have made an inventory of all parts using the bad primitives and found that most of them are unaffected if the changes are made in the bad primitives, axlehole, axlehol4 and axlehol5. So, instead of making a complete set of new axl5 primitives I want to redesign the old ones.

(excerpts from the table)

I've found only 25 parts (14 + 6 + 5) that need further editing, mainly corrections using the suggested new(yellow) primitives.
Green in the table are possible to fix without problem. Red need further editing.
The main problem are all parts using the axleend primitives as a bottom to close the axle hole. 43 parts need editing.

All 3 problem primitives are already recycled and currently present at the Part Tracker, without a demand that all affected parts have to be recycled.

I want to edit the 3 problem primitives, allready present at the PT
I want to upload a set of new axl5 primitives.
I still need to further investigate all parts using the axlehol6 primitive.
I have started to edit all the affected parts, some are unoffical and some need to be sent to Admin.

Any objections?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Axlehole - investigation and suggestion - by Magnus Forsberg - 2021-12-18, 18:11
Fixing the axle prims. - by Javier Orquera - 2021-11-19, 23:31