Bloat the library with shortcuts

RE: Bloat the library with shortcuts
(2019-11-19, 16:31)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I'm curious about this statement. What, exactly, is difficult about finding stickers in the library?

As the topic is still discussed regularly on the PT I'd like to give my opinion too.

Regarding shortcuts for flat stickers on flat surface IMHO we should keep them in the library because:
1. As for patterned parts the PT provides a way to see all stickered versions of a part on a single page such as https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptpatterns.cgi?d=3069b
I find it very useful as an end-user when building a model to see what is available as we would do with patterns.
2. It allows having a link with external libraries such as BL with a direct keyword to the assembly
3. It is not that time consuming to review them.

Also, I agree that we should only have shortcuts of official assemblies.

Then if we go with the introduction of a meta-command to replace these shortcuts I'd support the idea only if on LDraw website there would be a tool which:
1. Use this meta-command to display all stickers that can be attached to a part (to replace the current overview on PT)
2. And why not propose to download a .dat file shortcut generated on the fly

To finish there are shortcuts of flat stickers on flat surfaces that [color=#333333][color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=small][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I feel we should continue to [/size][/font][/size][/color][color=#333333][size=small][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]accept in the library because they [/size][/font][/size][/color]must be positioned on a specific part of the surface. For example [/font][/size][/color]https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=60616pb004
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bloat the library with shortcuts - by Vincent Messenet - 2020-10-31, 8:03