Bloat the library with shortcuts

RE: Bloat the library with shortcuts
(2020-01-03, 23:32)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I agree with this. This ensures the sticker is properly centered or positioned without having to fiddle around with the grid setting etc. We provide shoe it for other things and, especially, if we’re still going to do curved sticker shortcuts then we should do flat ones as well. “Bloat” isn’t really a big deal to me since it’s easy to filter these types of parts if you don’t want to see them.

Assuming it became supported by LDCad (and hopefully LeoCAD), the proposed new meta-command (whatever it would be called) would allow for extremely easy application of stickers to parts, and ensure that they are applied in precisely the correct location. LDCad might even automatically group the two pieces (sticker and part) together. However, the meta-command is pretty much useless without editor support.

If Roland commits to supporting a meta-command, I personally feel that it is the best solution to the "sticker problem". And as he pointed out above, it could also be used to support wheels and tyres. A single sticker part could even potentially have multiple !ATTACHTO commands (although I'm not sure off-hand if there are any sets where multiple copies of the same sticker get applied to different parts, or different locations on the same part).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bloat the library with shortcuts - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-01-05, 6:01