Rotation & angle of universal joint?

RE: Rotation & angle of universal joint?
(2019-10-04, 7:23)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Not a huge restriction, to use universal joint ends with stupid origin (3712 and 575) you only have to translate them by 30 ldu to place their origin at the right place, apply script, and re-translate them in opposite direction (using relative grid).

I indeed think there is something not addressed, configurations where one i/o axle needs to be rotated. If I am not utterly wrong, this occurs when input and output axle do not sit in parallel planes. See attached example.

That is because the input and output angle of universal joints are not (always) the same.

With the model I used in the YT clip the steering wheel was already rotated to compensate for this.

If that's not the case you should use (axle) snapping to work each joint from the previous one to account for the new rotation at each step.

As for the weird origins, for the final version I'll add information to the script so it recognize the joint parts in order to apply the corrections if needed.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotation & angle of universal joint? - by Roland Melkert - 2019-10-04, 17:43