Help calculating piston rod angle

RE: Help calculating piston rod angle
(2019-09-26, 7:34)David Manley Wrote: There is a feature in LDCad which may help you do this automatically. See the following image:

[image snipped]

If you select the three points you are interested in, then right mouse click a part, the "Selection" menu pops up. At the bottom of the menu, there is a menu item "Selection info". Click it and a number of options are shown. For example, to get the angles shown in my diagram, I have "Show Info" set to yes, "Show distance" set to no and "Show angles" set to yes.

Try this and see if you can get the information you are looking for.

Yep, that's the same selection info tool I mentioned. Trouble is, I can't figure out quite how to use its features to get the precise measurements I need, because I don't yet have all three of the points I'm interested in. Looking at my diagram, I can't just take the angle of ABC, because A and B will have moved up the Y axis to a new position, which I don't know. So the angle I need is A'B'C, and first I need to find A' (and by extension, B').

Alternatively, if I knew the angle, I could get the new Y position perfectly easily by using part snapping.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help calculating piston rod angle - by N. W. Perry - 2019-09-26, 13:20