Call for LDCad 1.6 bug reports

RE: Call for LDCad 1.6 bug reports
(2018-08-14, 18:43)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2018-08-13, 23:24)David Manley Wrote: Any attempt to explain why it wasn't displaying correctly before but now is would be pure guess work from me, so I won't go there.

Did you restart the program after placing the dependency files? LDCad only updates the library at program start when changes are detected.

I had restarted LDCad after placing the dependency files, so I don't think it was that but ...

(2018-08-15, 9:36)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: A plausible scenario for this: you intalled the main part without installing the subparts (or placed them in a wrong folder). When you look at the part with LDCad, it misses all those subparts as shown in your screen capture. If then you look at your file with LDView (or try to make BIs with LPub3D that uses LDView), LDView automatically fetches the missing subparts from LDraw server. Its display is correct, and the missing subparts are now correctly placed in the right folder, thus "repairing" LDCad display.

Maybe future versions of LDCad could also try to fetch missing files from LDraw server?

... Philippe's plausible scenario seems to be a reasonable explanation.

I had installed the dat files listed for the file detail in the appropriate unofficial sub-directory but nothing else. I have LPub3D configured to use LDView as my renderer. I ran LPub3D a couple of minutes after using LDCad. Looking at the timestamps of the files in the "s" sub-directory, they have a timestamp corresponding to when I ran LPub3D, hence when I next ran LDCad, the sub-parts were available.

Thank you Philippe for the plausible scenario explanation.

Regards,

David
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call for LDCad 1.6 bug reports - by David Manley - 2018-08-15, 22:12