Proposed new LDRAW_ORG qualifier for Lsynth subparts

RE: Proposed new LDRAW_ORG qualifier for Lsynth subparts
(2017-08-21, 10:45)Willy Tschager Wrote: I therefore run a test with LSynth through MLCad (stupid me I didn't before). Anyhow I moved all the 0 ~Technic Tread 680.dat - 682.dat from the parts folder to the s folder. I then loaded the TECHNIC_TREAD example from my site http://www.holly-wood.it/lsynth/examples-en.html and run it through MLCad:

* The Tread was synthesized perfectly, but MLCad, even after generating a new Parts.lst file did not show it. LDCad didn't show it neither while LDView had non problem loading them. I therefore (and strong of Philo's arguments) would introduce a new qualifier, make them visible and add Flex part or something like this to the description.

With the parts in the s folder, the model should reference them as s\* as the s folder is not a direct search folder.

I think the only way to fix it so existing models keep working and search path rules stay in place, is by introducing the new qualifier so new software knows these are special parts which are actually more like subparts.

I admit it isn't strictly 'clean' but if you think about it these files can actually be used as parts and subparts depending on the user placing them or a generator adding them to a real part.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposed new LDRAW_ORG qualifier for Lsynth subparts - by Roland Melkert - 2017-08-21, 18:23