Part and decals request: Insectoids, UFO, Stingray

RE: Part and decals request: Insectoids, UFO, Stingray
(2017-04-11, 9:49)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Quote:still in the future I may look into part editing but smaller steps for now.
As for small steps, making patterns for existing geometry is relatively simple, at least for flat ones. Maybe you should try that first? Tool of choice is LDPatternCreator

Quote:Electric Light & Sound Unit Insectoids, Insectoid Stinger Complete Assembly 4 x 20 x 5
Is there anything preventing you from using http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../71603.dat (apart from beeing unofficial, which is not really an issue!)

I may have a look at creating shape for large wing.

Nah, I was a little worried the stinger didn't work due some mention about a size being off but it seemed that was also fixed. If you say its good then I'll give it a go, I downloaded all the .dat files for it and its sibling I was just apprehensive to install it.

As for the large wing, I really appreciate it.

As for the pattern creator, I will look into that, thanks for the recommendation. About all of those missing decals, are those done using standard uv mapping and textures or does Ldraw do details like that differently than other 3d programs. I use Zbrush and Poser and my girlfriend uses 3dsMax, maybe we can make those ourselves, if it works like traditional textures. I'm not sure, LEGO parts are super specific in terms of sizing. Its less an art and more a science.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Part and decals request: Insectoids, UFO, Stingray - by End Unsure - 2017-04-11, 9:58