LDCad 1.6 Beta 2 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 (doc updates)
Some proof reading... (remember I am not an native English guy!)
[quote pid='24797' dateline='1488759288']
Basic Editing (fully rewritten)
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/docs/basicEdit
[/quote]
- The icon explains itself -> The I(nformation) icon explains itself

- So lets set view 1 to "Plain bricks", reachable by clicking the below sequence of cells starting at the bin's root. -> Suggest reminding the parts bin header
[Image: docGUI-ColorBin3.png] and add a link to relevant GUI intro section.

- [Image: docBinItem-sorted.png]  =>  [Image: docBinItem-basicBricks.png]  =>  [Image: docBinItem-plainBricks.png] -> add a legend on each image with group name?

- I would like to first walk through grid based editing -> maybe some check of the grid currently in use? people will have a hard time stacking bricks if they are in coarse symmetric grid...

- Lets select red -> Let's select red

- first select the color you want it to be using the color bin -> maybe "color wheel" instead? link to relevant GUI intro section?

- We pointed view 1 -> We pointed parts bin view 1

- The small window at the right displays -> The small window at the bottom right displays

- Don't worry to much about those numbers -> Don't worry too much about those numbers

-The while holding down the button move the mouse for a bit -> Then while holding down the button move the mouse for a bit

- Both rotation and movement can be done using ether the left or right -> Both rotation and movement can be done using either the left or right

- This is called "Zoom to cursor" mend to give the user more control over zooming -> This is called "Zoom to cursor" meant to give the user more control over zooming

- there are hotkeys available for choosing ether mode -> there are hotkeys available for choosing either mode

- Drag one into the editing area again but don't release it just jet -> Drag one into the editing area again but don't release it just yet

- Even easier then using the arrow keys is first selecting -> Even easier than using the arrow keys is first selecting

- This because LDCad will always use the last used  -> This is because LDCad will always use the last used

- A single complete brick layer is often the end of an building step -> A single complete brick layer is often the end of a building step

- ctrl can also be used to remove bricks from the selection by selecting ones that are already in the selection. -> ctrl can also be used to remove bricks from the selection by left clicking on ones that are already in the selection.

- Clicking the "Step 3/3" label itself -> Clicking the top left "Step 3/3" label itself

- (notice LDraw uses a negative up) -> (notice LDraw uses a negative up so green arrow points to ground direction)

- In the left top of the compass window you see the text "10 10" (while in top view). -> BTW, shouldn't it display the three directions step, the inactive axis beeing shawn in a smaller size? This way we could immediately identify the exact grid we are in (sometimes I am a bit lost in models that require many switches between sym and assym grids)

- clicking this label will also open the grid menu. -> Clicking this label will also open the grid menu.

- as it will save lots of time. -> as it will save a lot of time.

- This is done by clicking the small triangles in the middle of its grid -> This is done by clicking the small grey/green triangles in the middle of its grid

- Personally I also disable the auto editing plane orientation -> for sure a personal preference, I almost always use AEP mode Wink

- brick "sticks" to nearby bricks in a more LEGO like manner then when using grid mode. -> brick "sticks" to nearby bricks in a more LEGO like manner than when using grid mode.

- So while moving around you can also till rotate the new brick -> So while moving around you can still rotate the new brick (???)

- The key things to remember during part snapping are to always have a unblocked view upon the location you want to snap to and it is usually best to build from back to front. -> The key thing to remember during part snapping is to always have a unblocked view upon the location you want to snap to so it is usually best to build from back to front. (???)

- This is possible while adding a new part using the right mouse button, just keep the left button pressed too -> Not sure to understand...

- It is also possible to snap multiple new parts when using ins on a multi selection -> It is also possible to snap multiple new parts when using ins on a multi selection

- Finish it by adding a new step (ctrl+ins and try -> Finish it by adding a new step (ctrl+ins) and try

- At this point I think you probably familiar enough with the basics of editing -> At this point I think you are probably familiar enough with the basics of editing

- Next disable part snapping for a bit as this makes the problem we dealing with easier to explain. do this using the compass or the shift+p hotkey. -> Next disable part snapping for a bit as this makes the problem we are dealing with easier to explain. Do this using the compass or the shift+p hotkey.

- The correct overall way of doing this sort of angular building is by using ether a submodel -> The correct overall way of doing this sort of angular building is by using either a submodel

- Lets explore using the relative grid method -> Let's explore using the relative grid method

- "prefs/editing" menu if it borders you. -> "prefs/editing" menu if it bothers you.

- Try completing the tree as shown in the picutre at the left. -> Try completing the tree as shown in the picture at the left.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 2 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2017-03-01, 18:41
RE: LDCad 1.6 (doc updates) - by Philippe Hurbain - 2017-03-06, 11:02