Same color overlapping legal?

RE: Same color overlapping legal? - tang.dat
(2016-12-30, 8:29)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 5:54)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Can you refresh my memory about what the tang primitives do?

It fills the surface between the intersection points of tangents of ideal circle at 16-sided polygon vertices and  "polygonal circle" at current resolution. Can also be considered as a 16-sided ndis. 
As I write this I realize that LDView substitution step is 8, not 16, so we should probably use that resolution. More bulky, but still much less than ndis.

Since the *tang primitives are already official, you can't really change them to be based on an 8-sided circle, can you? It's true that LDView wouldn't be able to create substitutions at its lowest primitive setting of 8, and having the tang primitives work with an 8-sided primitive would be nice, but it doesn't seem like something that can be done now. I'll investigate supporting this primitive. It doesn't appear to be very difficult (although supporting it in POV export where it's most useful may or may not be hard).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Same color overlapping legal? - tang.dat - by Travis Cobbs - 2016-12-30, 23:50