Leading or trailing white space characters in file names

Re: Leading or trailing white space characters in file names
Roland Melkert Wrote:I'm also ok with forking the line endings and comment lines issues.

Just to be clear, I want to break up the discussion into individual issues because it is easier to keep track of everything.

Roland Melkert Wrote:My main reason for adjusting the comment paragraph was to make it clear it should be handled as a single string to avoid something like html parsing (where all whitespace is replaced by a single space).

I figured as much; the line about the "trailing arbitrary data" was intended to address that problem. I agree with you the comment section needs a re-write, but I think it has a few other issues too.

Roland Melkert Wrote:As for the line endings I was (mistakenly) under the impression the DOS format was defacto. This also sneaked in my LDCad project, it reads anything but always write DOS breaks (even in the Linux version).

It is de facto, just not formalized. This whole topic is worth its own separate discussion, although it might be a very short discussion. (Bricksmith also writes out CRLF, by the way.)

Allen
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Leading or trailing white space characters in file names - by Allen Smith - 2012-03-12, 1:55