Leading or trailing white space characters in file names

Re: Leading or trailing white space characters in file names
I'd say the current spec implies that white space is required between each parameter, but doesn't outright state such. I agree that this should be added. How about the following as the content of the proposed new White Space section:

Quote:Command parameters for every line type must be separated by white space. The white space characters used to separate these parameters may be either space or tab. Both should be treated the same, and any number of contiguous white space characters (1 or more) are allowed.

We also should decide whether it's valid to have white space before the line type number at the beginning of the line. I think this is also ambiguous.

Just as a note, while the described LDView behavior doesn't surprise me now that it has been pointed out, I don't think anyone has ever mentioned it to me before. And while the current spec may be somewhat ambiguous, I suspect that if you asked any part authors if your sample line was valid, they would say no. I'll update LDView to generate an error (assuming we agree to require white space between command parameters).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Leading or trailing white space characters in file names - by Travis Cobbs - 2011-12-16, 16:58