LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux)
Milan Vančura Wrote:Thanks for a tip with mirror=none. I learn more and more about snap data Smile

About the problem "body + head", both constructed from halves:
I checked Beta1b snap data and it works well for body+head combinations but you can see the problem with, for example, a horse head and horse head armor - see the attached picture (test.png).
mirror=none does not help here, I believe, because we cannot know which half (left or right) is "primary" for each part and which one is "mirrored". My idea is to use caps parameter. If mirroring of SNAP_CYL works correctly and mirrors "caps" direction as well, it should work. Do you agree?
I made a schema for better understanding, see the second picture (schema.png), please.
I think it can be solved using a generic snap meta instead of a cylinder one in the half subpart of the head and armor. Both set to not mirror. These kind of situations are why I added the GEN meta as the shape matching for this needs more then just pens and pins and also is very specific to a limited set of parts.

I'll take a closer look this weekend and post a new shadow csl file if useful. These
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-11-05, 21:02