LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux)
Roland Melkert Wrote:
Niklas Buchmann Wrote:Of course it is possible to move the selection center to the hinge center and then do the rotation, but this takes time and the next time the brick is selected, the rotation center is back at the brick center.
You could solve this by using submodels and make sure the hinge rotation point is at the submodel origin. You can also use groups (even on a single brick) as it offers an alternative center.
I do use submodels for that purpose a lot, but only once that part of the model has become somewhat finished and organized. If you just want to play around with the position of some bricks, creating and using a submodel is too complicated for my taste.
I don't really like to use groups because I find them somewhat unfinished and hard to use. I think they ungroup way too easily accidently when you use undo or copy/paste.

Quote:
Niklas Buchmann Wrote:My proposal would be to allow the definition of a custom rotation center for each brick, using the existing shadow library and its editing tools. Any thoughts on this?
It's been sugested before to make it possible to use snapping points as rotation centers by selecting them in some way. But I'm still not sure how to do that gui wise.
You're right, one rotation point might not be enough for some hinge parts like 18649 with its two handles or the 2923 double hinge bar. However, a single key for changing between rotation points would be fine for me. The position of the editing would of course be indicating which rotation center is active.
----------
my flickr
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux) - by Niklas Buchmann - 2015-10-27, 21:19