LDPub3D 1.2.1 - medium motor fade test

Re: LDPub3D 1.2.1 - medium motor fade test
David Manley Wrote:Trevor,

if I'm reading documentation correctly, I think that rather than using the "<Ldraw install directory>/Unofficial" directory as the root directory for generating parts, you should be using a different directory. Take a look at http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/unofficial1-en.html, which identifies that the LDraw unofficial parts directory has had to be moved

... the LDraw Parts Library has been moved from the LDraw root folder in the Windows Program Files (x86) folder to the Public Documents folder located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents” ...

which appears to be the behaviour being experienced.

Regards,

David

David,

For the context of what you are describing above, there are 2 directories named LDraw:

No1. The installation directory for LDraw All-In-One-Installer (AIOI)
No2. The LDraw parts library default directory

It is the LDraw parts library default root directory (No2) that was moved from (No1) - not the Unofficial directory as you stated in your remarks. No1 by default is installed by the AIOI under Program Files... Not having No2 under Program Files is in fact the right thing to do as the LDraw parts library is a content library - not a program library. There are no program files. Also, it is common practice to expect the Unofficial folder under the LDraw parts library (No2) which is where LPub3D expects it.

If you read again the full excerpt below from the holly-wood site, you will see it is the same as I have explained:

.png   Unofficial-Directory.png (Size: 58.87 KB / Downloads: 2)

Cheers,
Trevor
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDPub3D 1.2.1 - medium motor fade test - by Trevor Sandy - 2015-09-23, 22:21