LDPub3D 1.2.1 - medium motor fade test

Re: LDPub3D 1.2.1 - medium motor fade test
Hi Gerald,

I tried your suggested steps regarding the "generate faded parts list" but it did not resolve the issue. However, I have managed to come up with an alternative workaround which seems to have resolved the problem for me. The alternative workaround is as follows;

1) the medium motor (58120) is formed from 4 other LDraw files (59143, 47157, 59143 and s\58124s03).
2) I took a copy of each of these files from the parts directory hierarchy where Ldraw is installed (in my case "D:\Program Files\ldraw\parts") and placed the copy in the appropriate "fade" sub-directories for LPub3D (in my case "D:\Program Files\ldraw\Unofficial\parts\fade" and "D:\Program Files\ldraw\Unofficial\parts\fade\s").
3) I renamed each copied file, adding "-fade" as a suffix to each file name e.g. 58120.dat became 58120-fade.dat, 59143.dat became 59146-fade.dat, etc
4) I edited the 58120-fade.dat file and set the colour for 59143, 47157 and 59143 to 16.

I then invoked LPub3D once more, purged the image cache and regenerated the build instructions. The instructions were successfully generated with a faded motor. Huzzah!

Trevor,

based on this resolution, I'm speculating that there is some kind of issue with LPud3B not being able to generate the "fade" files. My guess is either the space in the directory path where LDraw is installed (in my case "D:\Program Files\ldraw") is causing a problem with a regular expression within the code or maybe there is a directory write permissions check that is not quite right and the file is unable to be written. These ideas are pure sepculation but I would suggest there is some kind of issue with the generation of some fade parts.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDPub3D 1.2.1 - medium motor fade test - by David Manley - 2015-09-11, 4:30