LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 - question for the Linux users
Roland Melkert Wrote:I changed the mime types so it won't conflict with LDView. Do you use "ldraw.xml" literal as I'm already testing on that files existence thinking the mime maintenance people might add it one day.
I just added
Code:
MimeType=application/x-ldraw;application/x-multipart-ldraw;
to the .destktop file
The mime types don't conflict, in general the desktop environment lets the user choose default actions if there is more than one possibility and provides a list like the windows "open with..."

LDraw MIME types specification indicates that application/x-ldraw is the right one to use.

Roland Melkert Wrote:icofn is not needed anymore indeed, as I moved it to the genDskEntry.sh file. I removed it and added a basedir (/usr) var.
Thanks, that will clean things up and possibly make packaging easier too.

Roland Melkert Wrote:The ico seems to work without problems though. It's the same one which is packed in the windows exe. Also it holds multiple sized icons or does xwindows not use that?
I'm using KDE and it doesn't use the ico file. It might work in other environments.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 - question for the Linux users - by Richard Speyer - 2015-08-13, 23:29