LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
Roland Melkert Wrote:
Milan Vančura Wrote:how can I work with a submodel of submodel, in the main model? 'Nested' mode breaks everything to parts and 'Normal' mode does not allow me to select that submodel of submodel.
You switch to the model's direct parent editing session (using the 'mpd' or models part bin group) or exclude it during nesting in the top level model. This is done by selecting any part/source line of the sub sub model and pressing 'e' during nesting mode. This will make the sub sub model a nesting 'end node'. Exclusion options are present in the editing selection menu.

Many thanks, Roland. I have never understand the term 'exclude from nested list' and it's _that_ what I need Wink

Unfortunately, I've found new issue as I was working in Nested mode:
  • rendering of 71128.dat in nested mode
    • put some bricks to the model
    • add new submodel with some bricks and 71128.dat (Chrome Silver Reflector)
    • go to the main model in Normal mode
    • place mouse cursor over the submodel: lines of its parts turn to magenta color as usual - no exception for 71128.dat
    • switch to the Nested mode
    • other bricks in the submodel work as expected but 71128.dat lines do not change the color any longer - neither to magenta, while mouse cursor is over that, nor cyan, when the part is selected
    • 902.dat (the same Reflector with no color specified) works correctly
    • 6141p01.dat works, too, even it contains a color definition
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2015-06-23, 6:38