LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
Willy Tschager Wrote:I really hoped the LMB click somewhere where there are no bricks would deselect all.
I'm considering dropping the current left mouse button handling to make room for multiselect. This also means a left click anywhere would reset the selection unless you hold down ctrl. But I also agree with Philio about the loosing your seleciton by mistake. So I'm looking for a way to keep both methods open.

Willy Tschager Wrote:I find it odd that the access to the Color, Parts and source window is somehow hidden in the contextual main menu you get only by the "Go main menu".
The toplevel partbin, etc menus aren't just specific to the part bin window, they are for the bin itself which the windows only visualize. I did consider adding open new part/color/source window items to the view menu but as that menu is actually the 'edit views' menu I thought it would be messy. Maybe I have to reorganize the view menu so it becomes a more generic view menu like in most programs.

Willy Tschager Wrote:I wish the Edit, About, ... had a mirror in the menu bar by default, not forcing me to dive into the "Menubar config..."
I guess it's a personal thing as I initially intended not having a menu bar at all as the application is context driven menu wise (e.g. a right click in the edit edit area while no selection is active will open the edit menu and when a selection is active it will open the selection menu.).

Willy Tschager Wrote:I'm fine with the floating windows following your cursor immediately but the need to press STRG to dock them was unexpected.
Sorry, I forgot to mention this Smile The first versions used ctrl to 'flip' the state (undock while docked, dock while undocked). But I found it to behave very annoying while moving a docked window around.

Willy Tschager Wrote:I love the transparent arrows in the brick categories
Me too, you can thank Owen for that idea Smile.

Willy Tschager Wrote:I wish the "Small menu font" setting would also apply to the Menubar and the status bar itself
It actually does scale but the icons keep it from getting smaller. Maybe I'll add a second set of icons for use with the smaller menus.

Willy Tschager Wrote:I expected that I would be able to resort the order of brick sequence in the source window by drag'n'drop.
You mean while dragging form edit area to the source window? You are right it should reset the position and start a source insert while inside a source window. I will add it in the next version. In the meantime dragging inside the source window itself does reorder the lines (in selection order) even if you drop it at the same place.

Willy Tschager Wrote:I wish a single or double click in the color history bar would not only change the color in the part bin, but also in the selection, making a cursor shift+click to the "Use current color" box obsolete ... just to speed up building.
This would break the working color concept as you will never be able to just change the working color (in order to add a new part) while a selection is active. I could however add a ctrl+click in order to apply it to the selection (dbl click might be a problem as the fist click might change the color below the cursor) .

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:I guess this was an already existing feature, but I just discovered the split screen feature and swap to unsplit using space bar. Really great stuff, but I also foung a big bug: when I am in full scren mode, the mouse focus remains on the lower right split screen area (except if the full screen view is a zoom of the lower right pane, in this case it works normally).
The zoom feature is present in 1.2 and up, but you are right I broke it while working the docking stuff in. It's an easy fix though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2015-05-16, 18:58