Backwards stickers

Backwards stickers
I've been using LDraw for a good number of years, but I've never done much with stickers before. The one time I did use one it came out backwards and I just assumed something was wrong with that sticker so I flipped it over.

Now I'm working on something which will likely use a lot of stickers and the first sticker I placed (not the one I used previously) exhibited the same problem, so I added about 20 more and they all behave the same way.

To be clear: I place the sticker against (or a fraction in front of) a brick. Both MLCad and LDView correctly show the front face of the sticker. But a POV-Ray render shows the empty back face of the sticker. If I flip the sticker 180deg then POV-Ray now renders it correctly, but I'm now only seeing the back face in MLCad and LDView.

Is this just a bug in LDView's .pov export? or is there an incorrect setting buried in a file somewhere that is affecting these? I can live with flipping them, but it would be nice to be able to see them properly in MLCad/LDView as well as POV-Ray without having to write a script to auto-flip them all for POV-Ray.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Backwards stickers - by Stephen - 2015-04-26, 15:06
Re: Backwards stickers - by Stephen - 2015-04-26, 16:00