JBrickBuilder connection model

Re: JBrickBuilder connection model
Ben Supnik Wrote:I think Mario's looking heavily at creating models; I am looking equally at determining motion for editing

This!

I was a bit confused, but now it's clear (for me): in my model I defined only if a part can connect to other parts, and how. So, my connection model doesn't helps at all (or very little) to define other physical properties, like gear, rotations, moving parts, levers.

But, as Ben pointed out, "connection" means a wide range of properties and data, so it can be useful, IMHO, to define group of properties based on purpose:
- connection (connectors, orientation, angles, ...)
- structural (collision volumes, stability, ...)
- physical (rotation axes, friction, hinges, ...)
- other

So, coders and developers can choose freely what data and what model they want.

My goal (in JBrickBuilder) is to help basic user to create models of low to middle complexity, like Digital Designer do, but avoiding that program interferes in building with excessive prohibitions and restrictions, leaving more control to user, as Philippe pointed out two message before this.

I know my connection model is simplified (excessively?), but I think it satisfy my program requisites.
I never thought to made a perfect model for all purposes, but I think it can be useful to other developers, so I made available for free model and data (... and the connection editor, when I find the time to give last coat of paint Big Grin )

Mario
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: JBrickBuilder connection model - by Mario Pascucci - 2015-01-31, 22:11