Changes to the LSC Charter - Feedback wanted

Re: Changes to the LSC Charter
I support this change, I always felt the LSC was being unnecessarily formal. Considering that this is a small community, something like this should be kept as simple as possible IMO. SteerCo is another matter entirely, being a legal entity but LSC is not this and I'm glad to see a step in a simpler direction happen.

I'm not too sure what I think of the decrease in member count though. I noticed during my tenure that having 5 people on board allowed rather diverse points of view when things were discussed. Though since things have opened up with the advent of the discussion board, I think all we need now is a bunch of people to actually ratify community suggestions. So 3 people makes sense for that.

I think the name is mostly okay, though I see the concern of name conflict. What is the catalyst for this push for name change though? The two entities, as far as I know, aren't very new and this hasn't been a problem previously. I don't think 'File Format Committee' makes a very good name, it sounds rather awkward. If anything you could call it 'LDraw Standards Board' (assuming that is a valid name, I'm not too familiar with this kind of formal naming x_x). I don't think it's a 'committee' in the fashion the SteerCo is.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Changes to the LSC Charter - by Santeri Piippo - 2014-12-14, 22:53
Re: Changes to the LSC Charter - by Tim Gould - 2014-12-14, 23:44