Auto correcting (some) defects in the official library

Re: Resulting patch (was Re: Auto correcting..)
Magnus Forsberg Wrote:What are the errors you have fixed?
These are the things whom are detected and fixed during loading of LDCad and thus end up in these patches.
  • "0 BFC CERTIFY INVERTNEXT" -> "0 BFC INVERTNEXT"
  • type 1 ref name case mismatch
  • all zero matrix in type 1 line -> id matrix
  • all zero row or col in type 1 line matrix -> tries to correct by adding 1 or -1 at suitable position.
  • type 1 line with color 24 -> color 16
  • type 4 line with hourglass sequence, tries to fix by swapping/rotating points around
  • type 4 line with duplicate points -> degrades to triangle (but only if the other 3 are unique).
  • non flat type 4 line (0.0015 dotprod diff -> ~3deg) -> degrades to two type 3 lines.
  • type 5 line using a control point which is equal to one of it's line points -> degrade to type 2 line.

Most made corrections are the case mismatch, the hourglass or non flat quads though. But all these corrections where added to LDCad because it caused problems in one way or another at some point (in the past).

Magnus Forsberg Wrote:I've now had a quick look into some of the parts, and can't help but wonder What has been changed? I see the same flawed part, but maybe software don't get confused. I don't know. I'm not a programmer, only a part author.
Some parts might still look weird because they have many more flaws (like e.g. 206b.dat) but at least all/most invalid formatted LDraw lines should be corrected (like all the zero row/col matrix errors in 206b).

Magnus Forsberg Wrote:Don't get me wrong. This is an atempt as good as any, but personally I'd rather pick files from that list at PT to work on, and improve them one at a time.
Just use the ones you like and ignore the others, I'm doing these mass corrections only to help not to hinder.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Resulting patch (was Re: Auto correcting..) - by Roland Melkert - 2014-11-19, 21:32