Tutorial: Adding unofficial LDraw parts to MLCad

Re: Tutorial: Adding unofficial LDraw parts to MLCad
I have moved the Parts Library in the AIOI from the LDraw root to the Public Documents folder located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents”. I would appreciate if you could perform some tests on your machines before I upload the installer to the site. The AIOI 2014-01 version 2 can be found at:

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LDraw_AIOI_...bit_v2.zip

The toughest part was setting the LDraw path for LDFind in C:\Users\Willy\AppData\Local\Michael Heidemann\LDFind\1.0.0.0\ldfindini.xml giving the fact that I'm (and always will remain) a lousy programmer. Also the spreading of locations where all the different programs store their information today didn't help on this side.

LDfind uses AppData\Local, LDCad and LDDP (though not part of the AIOI) are in AppData\Roaming, where is present also LDFind\1.1.0.0, MPDCenter stores its mpdcenterini.xml in "C:\Users\<user>\Documents", DATHeader seams preferring C:\ProgramData. Until now it seams that MLCad is at least happy with the <LDRAWDIR>.

Honestly right now I'm not in the mood reading through all the Win specs and would just be happy if you guys could agree on a common location for your data on Vista or higher.

Thanks, w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tutorial: Adding unofficial LDraw parts to MLCad - by Willy Tschager - 2014-08-13, 10:52