Tutorial: Adding unofficial LDraw parts to MLCad

Re: Tutorial: Adding unofficial LDraw parts to MLCad
I think you need to adress the issue of duplicated files somehow.

The unofficial library also contains all the updated, new versions of official parts being reworked.
As far as I know the scan order in mlcad.ini defines what version you will see. An updated part in the unofficial folder, will only be seen in MLCad if you remove it from the ordinary parts folder too. How do LDView decide which file to show? LPub? LDMakeList?

I do it like that. I always move the official version to a third folder "old parts", in a retained folder structure.
The downside is that every release of a Parts Update means that I have to rearrange all my files. It's either that or dump all the unofficial parts in the ordinary Parts folder. I want to only see and work with the latest versions of all the parts.

Or is there an another way?

That's also why I never use the "parts update".exe. It doesn't only adds the new parts. It also adds all the official files.
I don't want to have the files that are not ready for release, reinstated in my official folder.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tutorial: Adding unofficial LDraw parts to MLCad - by Magnus Forsberg - 2014-07-10, 21:10