Thoughts on flexible part options

Re: Thoughts on flexible part options (Output ldr samples)
Thanks for the feedback Travis and Philippe

I'm not sure I understand what's going on with the edges, if the donor file (u9190.dat) has those lines you are talking about, the resulting part should have them (for every segment) too. Because I'm not 'inventing' any actual LDraw content I'm only transforming existing vertices of the (flattened) donor. Could you give me a pointer on which LDraw line(s) from the donor part disappear / got mangled, I''m not that skilled with the part author tools Smile

I think I'm going to add triangle to quad support, I was also thinking about calculating alternative control points (with less fraction but in same line?) for conditional lines (could save up to 30 bytes per type 5 line).

The color 24 seems to be the indirect result of me using col 16 internally for all 'use parent' operations (so I don't have to check two integers everywhere). I will fix that for these outputs.

The ref version could probably be tweaked somewhat by playing with the skin props dialog parameters (see top preview pics), I might add an additional parameter for 'overlap scaling' or something, I'll have to look into that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Thoughts on flexible part options (Output ldr samples) - by Roland Melkert - 2013-01-27, 19:38