How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)

Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers)
Roland Melkert Wrote:…android isn't much better though.

I have only seen evidence which contradicts that assertion. I can install any software I want on my Android device, including software that I have developed with no permission or knowledge from Google. I can distribute that software directly on the Internet without going through any app store, and users can install it freely on their Android devices with no out-of-box modification of their software. In other words, it works just like my desktop computer. That's my definition of an open system.

On iOS, the App Store is a distribution monopoly. Conversely, Android was designed to allow people the freedom to acquire software any way they like. Google Play is a convenient way to do so, but it is by no means the only legitimate way, or even the only convenient way.

Allen
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love Ldraw. (Subtitle: questions for programmers) - by Allen Smith - 2012-12-19, 20:46