LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.6 (was 1.3.5)

Re: The "Spliner" Feature Request
Nils,

I would use the spline feature mostly to draw clean borders and those would be the starting point of my pattern. This feature would help eliminate variations in the thickness of the borders and would pose an end to much guessing if all vertices are placed correctly to get angles and thickness right. The spliner I have in mind should work as following:

[Image: Spliner.jpg]
  • Based on the background image you would place a spline (the white line) much like in a vector graphics program. This would be a guideline. It would be an internal LDPC thing and not written to the LDraw part if not as a meta command.
  • Once you've got the spline right, you would tell the prog to divide the spline in a number of straight lines of equal length (the small red lines). The spliner would show you a preview and bases on that you could increase or decrease the number of the straight lines (though this is optional) an Undo would do the same job.
  • Established the number or lines you would scale them (thick red quad) until it covers the underneath scanned border.
  • Crucial is how do you cope with the overlap on the inside and the gap on the outside. Anyway once the straight lines are enlarged the spliner would transform them in fine quads - though I don NOT consider this the most important part. I would be more than happy if the entire spline with the straight small/thick lines is nothing more than an internal LDPC helper to guide me in the placement of the vertices of the border itself. So it could perfectly function as the feature in Adobe Illustrator where you are able to transform every spline into a guideline not showing up in the final drawing.

hope this helps understanding what's all about.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Bugfix-Release 1.3.6 - by Nils Schmidt - 2012-05-21, 15:31
Re: Bugfix-Release 1.3.6 - by Daniel Goerner - 2012-05-21, 16:23
Re: Bugfix-Release 1.3.6 - by Nils Schmidt - 2012-05-21, 17:30
Re: The "Spliner" Feature Request - by Willy Tschager - 2012-05-27, 22:46
Unificator for 1.3.7 - by Nils Schmidt - 2012-05-27, 14:23
Re: Unificator for 1.3.7 - by Nils Schmidt - 2012-05-28, 10:07