Questions for the ortho (2D) editing mode users

Re: Questions for the ortho (2D) editing mode users
A:

I think you've found it already, but you can add additional search locations using the options menu. A location can ether be a plain folder (like most software handles e.g. "models") or a library location (e.g. the official or unofficial one). When all are added you can arrange the order so it finds stuff like you described above. Also LDCad doesn't look in the models folder by default, you could add it as a user location though.

B:
Thanks, I've corrected that in my dev version. You could correct it your self for now by editing the "metallic.cbg" file in the "colorBin" folder.

C:
You can change just about any color in the "main.gui" file inside the "gui\default" folder. the one of your interest is the rgb value on the "editor_BG=" line. Just be careful not to make some other thing 'invisible' by using e.g. white. I might add a more accessible way of changing the background in a future version though.

D:
I used to have fights with rotating in mlcad etc too, this is why I made sure to use a 'better' solution in both LDCad and LD4DStudio. In them the rotation is controlled by a 'virtual trackball' this should be much more natural then zy rotation like most use. The trackball approach also prevents "Gimbal lock". I might add some more customization options in a future version though.

E:
Yes the font is somewhat limited due to it being an OpenGL rendering (using texture maps) I'm looking into better solutions but it's not high on my to do list, cause all better solutions take up more management (and performance hits).

F:
There no integration jet, I have to find a comfortable cross platform way of doing things for that first.

Thanks for the feedback.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Questions for the ortho (2D) editing mode users - by Roland Melkert - 2011-12-29, 18:14