Introducing my LEGO Parts Guide, which is powered by images exported from LDraw.

RE: Introducing my LEGO Parts Guide, which is powered by images exported from LDraw.
(2024-03-23, 22:30)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: Thats a nice list...

two annotations:
-why are all parts differently sizad and scaled? now they overlap and are sometimes pixelated if a small part is upscaled too much. maybe either define a standard size or scale.
-the list with missing parts includes a lot of flexible parts like rubber bands or strings and parts from exotic subfamilies of lego like scala/belville, Clikits or galidor, these parts are so special and strangely formed that it is hard to model them. (they are also used too rare to have a reason to model them)

Thank you for sharing feedback and letting me know that there is a potential issue on the site.

Can you share a screenshot here or email it to me at [email protected] - I am not seeing a high level of pixelation and I am not seeing parts overlapping.

In my LEGO Parts Guide, I have multiple views:
  • The "Label" and "Table" views have small part images which are resized to fit the small size, which is why they are not to scale.
  • The "Scale" view shows parts to scale with one another, but I'm not sure this format will work as well when viewing the Most Common Parts (since it isn't practical to show a bunch of data about each part in that format.)

Sincerely,
---tom

That said, I have considered adding the scale view to the Most Common Parts Guide - do you think that would be a useful addition?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introducing my LEGO Parts Guide, which is powered by images exported from LDraw. - by tom alphin - 2024-03-24, 2:08