Are logos primitives or subfiles?

Are logos primitives or subfiles?
There are some new logo primitives on the Part Tracker

I see a problem with all these logo primitives. They never seem to fit the need, in more that a few parts.
And that's why I think they should be treated as templates, and are free to use inlined, whenever it's possible.

We allready have some fonts, letters and numbes as primitives. Could be used as primitives, but are best used inlined to get correct kerning between the letters, for instance. But we have logos as both primitives and subfiles, official in the library.

The logos need to be detailed enough so that they are possible to enlarge. But the downside is that they might become ridiculously detailed when used shrunken on smaller parts. (Yes, I'm thinking of the Ferrari horse on the 1x1 tiles. They are stupidly detailed).

All these logos on parts with the new Fire badge logo, are different. One, or two, borders around the badge, of different thickness.
With or without sharp, or sloping, corners.

I don't want to see any more fire badge primitives. These 4 are made and useful. They can be used together as one badge, rescaled, but should preferably be used as templates. They might need reshaping.

So, my question is: -  Are the logos primitives or subfiles?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Are logos primitives or subfiles? - by Magnus Forsberg - 2023-03-21, 21:25