Get models from LEGO Bricktales

RE: Get models from LEGO Bricktales
(2023-04-19, 17:40)Javier Orquera Wrote: When I import the models in the first place, I have the same problem because the file is too big. My solution is to rescale the model in blender (and hopefully the size of the file is reduced) and then import again.

I see.
I tried that too and it works now!
I import the obj in Blender and export again as obj from Blender. Those obj files are able to read and import in stud.io.
Even the big ones. The submodel builds and the whole game diorama's as a whole. Reduced again with no faces and line inside, only the visible parts are in.

So, now I am able to extract data, view the obj 3D models and import in Stud.io and export to LDraw.
I use these as a guid to rebuild some game diorama's and some very nice builds from the game.

The separate bricks do convert nicely to Stud.io and thus LDraw, but are of no use to us.
There are, however, a few minifig wigs and headpieces for example that can perhaps be used as a basis, but need heavy cleanup.
I think we got similar bricks from LEGO Universe back then too.
I think there are some wigs (hair) and head pieces in there that are not yet in LDraw.
Like the mentioned minifig tree trunk costume part 35827 and the snake helmet.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get models from LEGO Bricktales - by Jaco van der Molen - 2023-04-19, 20:27