Get models from LEGO Bricktales

RE: Get models from LEGO Bricktales
(2023-04-19, 16:58)Rene Rechthaler Wrote: Do you want to import some separated parts or a whole set?

.obj can be viewed with the standard 3D-Viewer in Windows, I dont know how this is on mac.

I also drew some things in CAD and converted them to .obj to get them in Studio, but Ldraw didnt like that data.
I had to convert this some more (via .csv and table edit).
(I also asked Nils Schmidt, maybe LDPE will get an own import feature)

Are the bigger structures in Bricktales built from separate bricks who are linked or is this a whole mesh?

I didn't know Windows came with an obj viewer. I will try that. I have a Windows PC and Windows laptop and Macbook and use them all for LDrawing ;-)

All builds in Bricktales come as a whole mesh. Optimized, with non visible faces and lines deleted from the build.
It does come with all separate bricks too, but no new ones that don't exist in LDraw yet. (OK a few, like the minifig tree costume, but that can be found at digitalbricks.de). All loose bricks are in and extract as separate meshes and these do have all faces and lines in and outside.

There are some nice 2D textures in there too, but not really new ones that we don't have yet or that are of no use to LDraw.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get models from LEGO Bricktales - by Jaco van der Molen - 2023-04-19, 20:15