LDCad Parts Rendering Rrror

RE: Parts Rendering Rrror
(2023-02-12, 21:14)N. W. Perry Wrote: It should be pointing at wherever your official parts library is. That will be a folder that has, at least, the sub-folders "p" and "parts".

But you also have to be sure LDCad is looking at that location as an official library (as opposed to a donor or user folder, for example). And that you're looking for a directory instead of an archive (i.e., a zip file).

If you go to the menu Prefs->LDraw->Search (library) paths…can you share a screen shot of the window that comes up? Like this:

Thank you. Got it. I had the right folder selected but it was marked as 'Donor', I switched it to 'Official Library'.

For anyone else that experiences this problem the fix is easy. Highlight the listing which includes your Official Library, by default with the AIOI it's the folder 'LDraw' in Documents. With the proper listing selected, at the top of the window you will see 'Current Item Properties' which is an area marked in with a box. At the bottom is a row listed 'Type' simply change the selection to 'Official Library'.

Effects will not take place until you restart the program.

If I wrote something wrong in my solution, someone please offer the proper solution.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Parts Rendering Rrror - by End Unsure - 2023-02-12, 20:42
RE: Parts Rendering Rrror - by Orion Pobursky - 2023-02-12, 21:02
RE: Parts Rendering Rrror - by End Unsure - 2023-02-12, 21:05
RE: Parts Rendering Rrror - by N. W. Perry - 2023-02-12, 21:14
RE: Parts Rendering Rrror - by End Unsure - 2023-02-12, 21:25
RE: Parts Rendering Rrror - by N. W. Perry - 2023-02-12, 23:16
RE: Parts Rendering Rrror - by End Unsure - 2023-02-13, 1:40