LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-05 v1 now available

RE: LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-05 v1 now available
Hi. I don't know if this has been asked anywhere, or if this is the right thread. I think it is. I've enjoyed MLCad for years; I was using v 3.4 a few days ago just fine and then it seemed to forget what colors I'd assigned to various parts. The Color ID numbers didn't change, but the colors did. In trying to solve that, I made everything worse. So I decided to start over and delete the software; apparently this thread discusses the new versions of everything. I have Windows 10, 64-bit, and, well...

I ran the LDraw All-in-One Installer 2022-05, which I had seen somewhere was supposed to also install MLCad 3.5 by default. It didn't load any version. So I followed a link that said I could download 3.5 from Mike's site separately, but 3.5 wasn't on the download page. So I downloaded and reinstalled 3.4. And it doesn't work.

I put all of it in the same directory, but when I try to open the program I get the error message below. I don't get it. When I ran the LDraw All-in-One Installer 2022-05, didn't it install a parts library? So I clicked OK but the button doesn't do anything. Initially I was getting that error when I tried to access the file from the taskbar icon. Then when I tried to use the desktop shortcut, I received a message saying the file had been moved or deleted. So I opened the Properties dialogue and clicked "Open File Location. And there it was, right where I put it. The same place I had it a few days ago, when it worked just fine.

And by the way I also tried to download the parts library separately. That didn't work either. The link on ldraw.org seems to launch a new browser window that never loads to show any content.

What am I doing wrong?

Attached Files
.jpg   MLCAD error.jpg (Size: 35.09 KB / Downloads: 24)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2022-05 v1 now available - by John Antkowiak - 2022-11-10, 1:12