LDCad shadow library github repository

RE: LDCad shadow library github repository
My experience, a technical summary:

1. It's good, if not necessary, to agree on one license used for all shadow files, otherwise I cannot imagine what to do if, for example, I edited a file originally started by you.

2. CC BY-SA is very good idea, I believe. In general, it's much better to set a condition for next distribution than for noncommercial usage. For many reasons and one of the important ones is that open-source world does not always like the "non-commercial" clause. For example I could not put LDCAD into Build Service because this violates their conditions for projects. I had these problems when I tried to prepare ldraw packages for Linux users.

I believe CC BY-SA is OK in open-source world but please check it, to be 101% sure. Including github but not limited to.

3. If we agreed on one license, I think "0 !HISTORY" lines are enough to track each file life.

4. repository should contain files in exactly same format LDCAD knows both to read and write. For example line endings - LDCAD generates files with CRLF line endings so the repo should contain them this way. It's a pain to think about conversions all the time, although git helps with that.

5. if you start your git repo, please promise you do not delete it a day after Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad shadow library github repository - by Milan Vančura - 2022-07-11, 11:52