LDView Extra search directories not working?

RE: Extra search directories not working?
(2022-03-01, 2:52)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Two things:

First of all, there appears to be a bug in LDView, in that it doesn't properly load the errors and warnings dialog after initially loading the file without the extra directories configured, and then having it automatically reload once they are configured. I will investigate this; I suspect that it is a Mac-only bug.

The second problem is that LDView's extra search directories aren't extra LDraw directories, so LDView will not search any sub-directories. I looked at the CustomParts.zip that you sent me, and it appears that you are treating it as if it were an LDraw directory. In order to find these parts in LDView, you need to add the following as extra search directories:

/Users/nwperry/.local/share/Stud.io/CustomParts/parts
/Users/nwperry/.local/share/Stud.io/CustomParts/Unofficial/parts

That worked!

Actually I only added the /parts directory, not the /Unofficial one because I don't use it. Actually, I'm a bit confused by it since I've never seen it before. Studio created that folder itself, and I see that it seems to contain parts from a model I opened that are in the official library, but maybe have unofficial updates? (I'll have to investigate that separately. Maybe Philo knows.) Wink

On a similar note, is there a way to make LDView display unofficial updates to official parts in the main ldraw directory, other than embedding them? Or is that how it's designed to work?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extra search directories not working? - by N. W. Perry - 2022-03-01, 15:51