LDCad Lua - prompt and wait for selection?

RE: Lua - prompt and wait for selection?
(2021-09-25, 19:11)David Manley Wrote: One idea which struck me as I was trying the diakog/selection method was would it be possible to incorporate a "select part" control within a dialog? The dialog could provide for "N" prompts via a table and a button (?) per prompt which when clicked would hide the dialog, wait for a part/sub-file to be selected and then resume displaying/operating the dialog.

I prefer to keep the api low level, this sounds very specific.

I'm thinking about extending the macro setEvent function to include some internal editor callbacks, like:

Code:
macro:setEvent('selectionChange', 'handleSelChanged')

The handleSelChanged function could then do something with the current selection when it's called, a "Select more?" confirm dialog would then be used to finish the work or repeat the selection.

Only thing I'm not sure about is when to make those callbacks, I don't want them to fire all the time.

It should somehow only be triggered when running the macro.

Maybe something like
Code:
macro:waitForEvent()
which will set a flag signaling the scripting engine a macro needs an event to continue.

waitForEvent will not block the script, it will still run to the end, but when the selection changes it will continue trough the handleSelChanged function.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lua - prompt and wait for selection? - by Roland Melkert - 2021-09-25, 19:44