LDCad - How do I manage groups?

LDCad - How do I manage groups?
I'm just starting with LDCad, and so far I'm loving. But I'm having trouble trying to manage groups. I can create them and move them and rotate them, but when I want to group together sub groups, then things get messy. Once I group groups together, I can no longer find a way to select the sub groups. All that I can select is the main top-level group. If I remove the top level group, then I can access the individual groups again. However, I can no longer access the top level group unless I regroup all the groups again. This is not ideal especially when working with large models. Also, if I hover over a group, I can see in the bottom a group name like "Group 1" etc... but cannot find where I can edit that to name the groups. Surely, I must be doing something wrong?

Can someone help me figure out how to manage all these groups?

P.S I know about Group Layers, but this isn't what I'm looking for. If I group together a bunch of groups, I should be able to move / rotate that top level group, then also be able to select a sub group from a list or tree and rotate just that part too. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad - How do I manage groups? - by Eric Butler - 2021-08-13, 16:11