LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
(2021-08-08, 7:02)Milan Vančura Wrote: Yes, from your (developer/architect) POV, it is something near to part editing which LDCAD was not designed for, originally. But see how important it is.
It is mainly the way how rendering and model interaction is setup. Editing parts means working with loose vertices etc which demand a different way of selecting as the current engine is line oriented.

I was going to address that in 2.0 but that project has stagnated. It might even need a complete rewrite if and when I pick it up (hence the decision to do a 1.7).

(2021-08-08, 7:02)Milan Vančura Wrote: ...... For example if you integrated your WWW script creating stickers from png into LDCAD...
I have been playing with the idea of adding a sticker (and arrow) generator (like the path and spring ones) to 1.7.

(2021-08-08, 7:02)Milan Vančura Wrote: BTW, another feature from this rank would be to set and save the rotation center of a part. Currently I can set it but this setting disappears when I deselect the part or so. It would be very helpful if it can be saved in shadow or something like that. Again - to be able to solve a problem quickly.
And more, if it was possible to select snap objects and use them, for example for this purpose: imagine a part with several snapping points/objects and being able to select among them which one is the part rotation center.
This has been suggested before and is on my 'would like to do, but not sure how' list.

In the meantime you can use a static rotation center by 'locking' the current one.

Or make a group and assign a non zero center to it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2021-08-08, 20:17