Better use of keyword !KEYWORDS

RE: Better use of keyword !KEYWORDS
(2021-05-07, 8:07)Manfred Schäfer Wrote: Hello,

I don't see any backward compatibility issues. The keyword line length limit has been removed, I mean.

Greetings

Manfred

Ignoring the 80 characters per line limitation (more on that below), I still do. Your example has the following:

0 !KEYWORDS sets 70816

And you specify in the text that multiple sets are intended to be listed like so:

0 !KEYWORDS sets 70816, 70817

Since each comma-separated keyword must be treated as a single entity currently, the above is definitely not backwards compatible. The following would be backwards compatible:

0 !KEYWORDS set 70816, set 70817

Note: I personally feel that listing set numbers in parts is not a good idea. Right now, I think it's mentioned as "the unique set the part appeared in". I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it definitely appears to be talking about listing one set as a keyword.

Based on your description of how you think the sets line should work, it is very much implied that if the Reference line contains multiple references, the word "Reference" would not be repeated for each.

Regarding the 80 character line limit, the official !CATEGORY and !KEYWORDS Language Extension still states that KEYWORDS lines should be limited to 80 characters (which is why I mentioned it in the first place). I suspect that this is an oversight, and that limitation is no longer desired. I'm not 100% sure of that, though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Better use of keyword !KEYWORDS - by Travis Cobbs - 2021-05-08, 5:40