Volunteer to update the "Get started/Mac" page wanted.

RE: Volunteer to update the "Get started/Mac" page wanted.
(2021-03-30, 17:41)N. W. Perry Wrote: I got mine working pretty easily, for some reason. The only thing I had to do was install some system fonts (a known issue that I think is documented here somewhere).

Wine officially does not work for Catalina or beyond, but I believe there are some unofficial solutions for 64-bit applications only. I haven't tried any of that yet, however.

Basically, there seem to be three levels of using LDraw on the Mac:
1. Native applications like LeoCAD, LDView and Studio (with the big asterisk that it's not a true LDraw application)
2. Programs that run inside an environment, like LDPE (with some bumps in the road)
3. Windows-only programs that run under Wine, like LDCad and most of the smaller utilities (but without polling and other inter-app functionality)

And then there are some programs that just don't seem to work.

Right. Currently, I have High Sierra 10.13.1 and I could update to 10.13.6.
I guess my Macbook Air 2017 is too old to update further.
The only thing I got running under Wine was MLCad, but that was way back and on my previous Macbook. Not a clue what OS version that was.

I can't get LPub3D running either.

LeoCad does work like a charm. It turned out I had it already installed, but not used in a long time so I forgot about it. (sorry)
I didn't get to set up much like choosing the LDraw folder and stuff either since that was already done.

I have been playing with it for the last hour or so, but I am sorry to say I cannot get used to it.
I am just too familiar and comfortable with LDCad under Windows. So perhaps I am not the right person to write a tutorial after all.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Volunteer to update the "Get started/Mac" page wanted. - by Jaco van der Molen - 2021-03-30, 19:31