LDCad Rotating Part (not model) on Building Step

RE: Rotating Part (not model) on Building Step
(2020-09-14, 19:20)Leonardo Gonzalez Wrote: Thank you for suggesting the sub-model. I followed Roland's instructions and expanded on it by copying the parts that disappear, just like a sub-model would do.

Yes, you can certainly just copy the parts themselves, if there aren't too many. But when you get to dozens or hundreds, you might want to move them into a subfile just to keep things tidy.

Quote:I do agree with you, on the limitation of the buffer exchange. The current instruction builder that I use Web Lic! does not appear to be compatible with the buffer exchange as it only adds the parts on top of the others without deleting the previous ones, and the part inventory counts all the additional parts included. The buffer exchange methodology seems limited to the LDCad environment.

Originally it was an MLCad meta (and still is). LPub and LDCad both recognize it, but other programs (like LDView) do not.

Quote:I assume there is no unique index of the parts in a project, to would allow addressing a particular instance of a given part in order to manipulate its properties. How does the LDCad knows which part are you selecting? Is it only by the placement order in the list?

I would guess (from my very limited understanding of programming) that it's based on the index position in an array, but I'm sure Roland will chime in with the actual answer. :-)

However, there is already an indexing scheme used in LDCad for groups, where each group is given both a unique global ID and a local ID (so that the same group can be used, for example, inside different submodels). That system could probably be expanded to manipulate individual part properties (as well as those of groups and submodels).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotating Part (not model) on Building Step - by N. W. Perry - 2020-09-14, 19:43